By visiting EverCheck, you are accepting the practices described in this Privacy Notice.
What personal information does EverCheck gather?
The information we learn helps us personalize and continually improve your experience at EverCheck. Here are the types of information we gather.
Information you give us: We receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, improving our services, and communicating with you.
Automatic information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites, we use “cookies,” and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses EverCheck.
Examples of the information we receive
What about cookies?
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and help to personalize your online experience.
- Cookies can not be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to your computer and can only be read by a web service in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
- The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. However, we recommend that you leave them turned on.
- As you browse EverCheck.com, advertising cookies will be placed on your computer so that we can understand what you are interested in. Our display advertising partners then enable us to present you with retargeting advertising on other sites based on your previous interaction with EverCheck.com. The techniques our partners employ do not collect personal information such as your name, email address, postal address, or telephone number. You can visit this page to opt out of the targeted advertising.
How secure is information about me?
- EverCheck is committed to protecting the security of your personal information. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. For example, we store the personal information you provide on computer systems located in controlled facilities with limited access. In addition, your credit card/e-check account numbers are encrypted in our database.
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
What choices do I have?
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of EverCheck or other websites you visit. If you are using a public terminal, you will want to log off, or sign out, before you leave the terminal. For extra security, close your browser after your log off. The Federal Trade Commission provides useful information about online privacy on its own website.
Conditions of use, notices, and revisions